Ellerslie Curling Club House Rules 2018-2019
- Teams not on the ice 10 minutes after scheduled start time will automatically lose 1 point and 1 end shall be forfeited. Thereafter, the same will apply for every additional 10 minutes late. The late team shall always throw the first stone. After 30 minutes the game shall be defaulted.
- All games are 8 ends if time permits. THE BUZZER will sound 25 minutes prior to the end of allotted time. When buzzer sounds, complete the end in progress and 1 more end. An end is complete when the thirds agree on the score. This ruling applies to both early and late draws.
- Double Board – When a team completely removes from play, 2 or more stones of the opposition, they may move the double board to the end of their sheet. When the buzzer rings, the team that has possession of the double board is the winner of the double board for that draw.
- Each team must have 4 fully paid members. A fifth and sixth may be registered. Mixed leagues will alternate players. E.G. male, female, male, female.
- 5-Rock free guard zone rule will apply in all regular leagues (teams are not permittedto eliminate their opponent's rocks that are in the free guard zone until five stones have been played in the end).
- Skips are responsible for ensuring team members pay their fees.
- Fees are due on the first night of curling. Fees not paid by Nov 1st will result in that team forfeiting any points earned while fees are overdue.
- NO postponing or rescheduling of any games without the approval of the Manager.
- NO ALCHOHOLIC beverages or FOOD shall be allowed/consumed on the ice surface Alcoholic beverages are to be consumed in the lounge only, which is licensed for this purpose.
- Teams will be awarded 2 points for each win. In the event of a tie game after 8 ends or after buzzer shortened game, each team will draw the button to determine a winner (both sweepers and broom holder are allowed). No sweeping of opposition stone behind the T-line. No game is to be left as a tie. Team who scored last point(s) in game will draw first.
- Points will be carried to the end of season to determine overall aggregate winner. In the event of a tie, aggregate winner will be determined by;
- Win/loss record between teams concerned in last section of games
- Win/loss record between the teams concerned over the whole season
- Most points acquired in the highest section throughout the season
- Most points acquired against higher ranked teams throughout the season
- Teams may have spares or league players to play in absence of a regular curler
- Men’s and Ladies League – During the FINAL ROUND, spares must play lead and when 2 spares are used they must play lead and second.
- During round robins, spares may play any position EXCEPT SKIP
- Mixed leagues – Must provide a curler of the same gender as absent curler, and play alternate positions, (male, female, male, female). A regular team member must skip during final rounds, spares must play lowest position (lead or second)
- If a team plays with 3 players CC rules apply (the first 2 players each deliver 3 stones). If a mixed team plays with 3 a REGULAR TEAM MEMBER MUST SKIP.
- No team shall play with less than 2 regular members of the team or they will automatically forfeit the game.
- Any grievance or protest must be made in writing to the Manager of the club
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFF RULES
- All playoff games will be 8 ends.
- Extra ends will be played to break ties.
- The bell will be used to determine the start of draws. If a team is 10 minutes late, the opposing skip can take 1 point AND hammer, which is repeated for each subsequent 10 minutes late. After 30 minutes the game is defaulted.
- All players must be respective ECC league members (E.G. substitutes must come from Ellerslie leagues). A substitute cannot be a player that is still participating in that respective championship.
- Substitutes (maximum of 2) must play the lowest possible position(s).
- If the skip is absent, a REGULAR Team member must skip.
- Men’s Club Championship team will represent Ellerslie at the EACC Tournament of Champions in the current season; as well as representing Ellerslie at the Travelers in the following season.
- Ladies Club Championship team will represent Ellerslie at the Travelers in the following season. Ladies Championship runner up team will represent Ellerslie at the EACC Tournament of Champions in the current season.
- Mixed Club Championship team will represent Ellerslie at the EACC Tournament of Champions in the current season.
PLAYOFF QUALIFIER TIE BREAKER RULES
- Ties among qualifiers will be resolved by first comparing win/loss record between the teams concerned in the last section of play. Secondly, the win/loss record between the teams concerned in the whole season. Thirdly, by the most points acquired in the highest section throughout the season. Lastly, by Most points acquired against higher ranked teams throughout the season
- Aggregate and section winners will be positioned first in the championship draw followed by aggregate runner-up
- If a qualified team for the Championship does not accept or cannot field a team for the Championship Playoffs, the next highest seeded team will then become eligible to receive that playoff spot.
- NOTE: IN PLAYOFFS, THERE WILL BE NO RESCHEDULING OF PLAYOFF DRAW IN THE EVENT THAT TEAMS OR INDIVIDUALS HAVE SCHEDULING CONFLICTS.